Quick and easy MyMap trick

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Labels:

One of my favourite uses of Google Maps is a feature called My Maps, which allows users to create customised maps - for example, a map of my favourite London pubs. My Maps can contain many different kinds of information, from as simple placemark to a media-rich mashup of embedded images and videos. These maps also have specific URLs that can be shared with other users - so I can invite my friends to add their favourite pubs to my London pubs map too.

The other day, I was making a map to share with some other
Googlers and found that I needed to duplicate the MyMap I had already created. I needed to split some of the content into two separate maps. I asked around and no one seemed to know how to do it, though it seemed there ought to be an easy solution. After a few trials, I found a simple way to do it. It wasn't rocket science, but may be handy for you at some point especially given the simplest solutions are often the hardest to find! Here is the work-around I found:

  1. Open the My Map you want to copy
  2. Right click and copy the "View in Google Earth" link to create a KML file.
  3. Create a second My Map
  4. Then import the copied URL or upload the KML from your desktop using the "import" button above the map title.
I hope this can save some of you the trouble of re-creating My Maps! You can also learn more about the My Maps feature here.

Kenzo Fong Hing

Product Marketing Manager - Google Maps & Google Earth

12 comments:

KJ said...

cant find the import button, is it on mymaps or google earth or where? thanks

瓊富 said...

這麼好的部落格,以後看不到怎麼辦啊!!.................................................................

jhon apps said...

can you share some information that
if i place my information on the Google Place
so how can i know that "by which keyword i am on the Google map ??"

make facebook applications

indra said...

maag kronis
obat impotensi
obat penyumbatan pembuluh darah
obat jantung koroner
obat tumor otak
obat asma
obat osteoporosis
obat hepatitis a b c d e
obat gula darah tinggi
obat menopause dini
obat batu empedu
obat stroke
obat kolesterol tinggi
obat ejakulasi dini
obat tbc
melangsingkan tubuh
suplemen pelangsing

Indra Maulana said...

penyebab infeksi kulit
cara mengobati gatal menahun
cara mengobati gatal di bokong

indra said...

cara mengobati keputihan gatal dan bau
cara menghilangkan kutil kelamin
cara menghilangkani jerawat batu
gastric health tablet
cara mengobati benjolan di selangkangan

Nabila Widianti said...

Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once
Ketahuilah ! 10 Tanaman Herbal Ini Ampuh Atasi Penyakit Herpes, Obat Benjolan Di Punggung Tangan Atau Punggung Kaki,

Obat Sakit Tenggorokan said...

Ijin share ya bro, kalau memang gak sayang kagak usah bilang cinta percuma saja akhirnya menyakitkan.. goyang asyyiiikkkk

I'm the one who keeps hugging you tightly, when you think it's possible to turn away, i'm the one who will calm the storm to stay strong you walk later

Cara Menurunkan Tekanan Darah Tinggi
Obat Tukak Lambung Alami
Cara Menyembuhkan Liver
Jual Berbagai Macam Obat Herbal
Cara Mengatasi Nyeri Dada
Obat Halitosis

Zihan Amelia said...

I have not been lucky, failed and always failed again. I will not give up

Obat Luka Diabetes Ampuh
Obat Batuk Rejan
Obat Lemak Darah Tinggi Alami
Obat Nyeri Punggung Tradisional
Mengatasi Gatal Di Selangkangan
Obat Leukemia Alami

Rairaka Herbal said...

Good information, thank u and please visit back my article~!
Cara Menyembuhkan Penyempitan Saluran Uretra Secara Alami, Cara Mengatasi Jari Tangan Kaku Dan Nyeri Atau Trigger Finger, Cara Mengobati Abrasi Kornea Secara Alami

Syakira Khumaira Azzahra said...

Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share :

cara mengatasi sembelit pada ibu hamil
obat penurun leukosit tinggi
cara mengobati kanker usus besar
cara mengobati cacar air
cara mengobati telinga berdengung
cara menghilangkan jamur candida
cara menghilangkan benjolan di bawah dagu

ana said...


Class College Education training Beauty teaching university academy lesson  teacher master student  spa manager  skin care learn eyelash extensions tattoo spray